Sunday, September 28, 2003

BBC NEWS | Americas | 'My son didn't want to go to war'

BBC NEWS | Americas | 'My son didn't want to go to war': "BBC World services Newshour program's spoke to one woman, Lynn Bradach, whose 21-year-old son, Travis, was killed in Iraq while serving in the Marines. He was one of more than 150 Americans who have died there since the end of the war. "



Although you can read the interview on the BBC site, I recommend that you listen to it - it is a very emotional interview - especially when Lynn describes how she learned about her son's death. (Most of these details are omitted from the printed interview.)



"I was having a fun day at work. Then I checked my cell phone voice mail. It was a message from my son, Nick. 'Mom there are two Marines here at the house.'"

No comments: